Monday, December 3, 2012

Amsterdam!

Hi everyone!

Sorry for taking so long to write but...
Since I last wrote in here a few things have happened:
1) I had my last (planned) shift for Studenterhuset - a very upsetting time for me!

Studenterhuset has become an absolutely amazing experience for me and I have made some amazing friends in the hours I spend volunteering.  It is one choice that I made at the beginning of my semester that I never thought would have had such a great impact on my experience here.  This is the beginning of me saying goodbye to Copenhagen and my experiences here and it makes me so upset! I can't believe this semester is coming to an end.  If I actually had free time at Muhlenberg, I would try so hard to work at Java Joes - working in a cafe/coffeeshop is such a fun interactive experience!

2) I spent my last weekend in a foreign (aka not Copenhagen) European city - Amsterdam!

Amsterdam is a great city, but not one of my all-time favorites.  It is actually very similar to Copenhagen, but it has a very questionable Red Light district.  If you avoided this place, it's a charming, beautiful city.  It's ringed by canals and cute bustling shops.  There's a cheese store on every corner and huge historic buildings all over the city.  Unfortunately, it was rainy all weekend, so we didn't get to experience it as beautiful as we know it could have been.

While we were there, we visited the Anne Frank House, the Amsterdam Museum, went to the I Amsterdam letters, walked around the Nine Streets, the Jewish Ghetto and Old/New Synagogue, and many other things.

I have a lot of fun with all of my friends, and it was a great final experience with my core group of friends!  We even ran into a lot of DIS people there also!

So many canals and house boats like Copenhagen!

Inside the Great Old Synagogue 

"Traditional Dutch Pancakes"

I Amsterdam Letters!

Finally some clear skies!

3) I experienced my first Copenhagen snowfall!

While we were gone, the temperature dropped to -3 degrees Celsius!  That meant that the normal wet precipitation of Copenhagen turned to snow!  The city it absolutely beautiful in white, especially with all the Christmas decorations too!

4) I discovered one of my close friends here, Morgan, and I are on the same flight home!

Pretty self explanatory - hopefully we can figure out how to get on close seats!

5) Tonight I get to see Tivoli in the snow with my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment