Thursday, December 6, 2012

Danish hygge!

Hi all!!

Really weird and somewhat disturbing thought before I begin with the past few events of my week - I have an (extremely) limited number of entries left.   It's going to be so weird not being able to write in here all the time and tell my family and friend all of my exciting stories!


But...


Tivoli on Monday with my friends was so much fun.  For all the drink tickets that I have acquired, we went to Studenterhuset first and got some free Glühwein (Glogg) which is mulled red wine, and pretty amazing.  I must say, before coming to Copenhagen I really didn't like red wine, but this kind is very good, and it's perfect on a freezing cold day!  Morgan, Alison, Rebecca and I basically walked around and looked in the different shops and lights in Tivoli.  We even got to see the lights and laser show over 

the lake which was awesome and reminded me of Disney World's lights and laser shows!


Ice sculpting on the way to Tivoli :)


Christmas tree infront of the City Hall!


Inside Tivoli


Merry Christmas!


China and the roller coaster!


Christmas shopping in Tivoli




Santa's Reindeer in Tivoli!


Tuesday was a very nice day.  I spent the morning scoping out some stores and prices for certain Christmas items and then I met Lone at a place called Conditori La Glace.  It's basically this absolutely amazing bakery/cafe with the best layer cakes and pastries ever.  We had a nice long chat and then headed back to her house where we started working on dinner.  While we were waiting for Anders to get back and actually start cooking dinner, Lone took me to a cute little antique store which had the pattern that I want to start collecting from the Royal Copenhagen, my Bestamor's pattern!  I was so excited because I got the best deal ever on them!  The hard part now will be getting all the china home without breaking it!



La Glace!


After having spent the whole day with Lone and part of the day with Lasse and Anders, I got so sad that I won't be spending more time with them (except they did say they will be coming to the US around Easter)!  I am so lucky for the amazing Danish family that I have. 


Wednesday I went back to all the different stores I had previously scoped out and finished the rest of my Christmas shopping!  I did some studying for my exam that I had today, and then went to my "Goodbye Dinner" for my Medical Practice and Policy core class.  It was such a great time: we went to my professors' house (because they're married doctors with two little munchkins running around), and had dinner and sat around eating and drinking and being merry! We went around the circle and said our most embarrassing/funny moment and then our most memorable moment in Copenhagen, which was a great time of reliving all the fun times we had, and of course made me so nostalgic and emotional!  

It was so hard saying goodbye at the end of the night to my two professors and Andrea, our TA.  They taught me so much and really allowed me to see and do so many awesome things that I never would have the opportunity to do in the US before being in medical school for a few years, in addition to just being great professors and people in general.  I haven't yet been able to wrap my head around the fact that I will now never see these people again who have made such an impact on my life here at DIS and in Copenhagen.  After my exam today in my Partner's and Rivals class, I had to say bye to Jacob too, and that was another hard experience.  I don't think it's quite hit me yet, but I feel bad for whoever is sitting next to me on the plane!

After class today I'm going to Jesper and Helle's for the weekend and will have an early Christmas celebration!! 

Til imorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment